A Twisted Tale
Slumbering Tyrants are awakening and grasping at power as the residents of Malifaux - Human, Neverborn, and Gremlin alike - stand in stubborn defiance against them. With streamlined rules and an intuitive new hiring system, there's never been a better time to cross through the Breach and into the world of Malifaux!
Malifaux 3rd edition is the newest version of Malifaux by Wyrd Miniatures, it has been developed to streamline the rules and enhance player enjoyability. Here are a few of the newest improvements.
- Models are now hired based on their Keyword, which encourages more thematic Crews while allowing for abilities that more closely tie models together. Ever wanted to run two (or more) Masters together on the tabletop? Now you can!
- Conditions & Tokens
- The number of Conditions in M2E has been reduced down to 11 single Conditions. As well, several Masters and Crews that once relied on conditions to function now use Tokens that serve as counters for their various abilities, whether they be deadly plagues or a crippling addiction to the raw essence of the Hungering Darkness.
- New Masters
- Nekima has reclaimed her birthright! Standing alongside her is Euripides, a prophetic giant who has followed the omens from his frozen mountain home into the lowlands. The Guild has responded by promoting the brutal Captain Dashel, elevating him to the position of Master... and providing him further assistance in the form of Cornelius Basse. These heroes must also contend with the recruiting efforts of the ghoulish University of Transmortis and its macabre headmaster, Professor Albus Von Schtook, and the subtle machinations of Youko Hamasaki, the cunning proprietor of the Qi and Gong, a mysterious brothel nestled at the heart of the Little Kingdom.
Freedom's a lie sold to fools who will bury whatever sod you're sellin'. You'll have an easier time holding the sun in the palm of your hands than finding true freedom. Many of the Outcasts once bought into the well-groomed sales pitch, chasing imagined diamonds. But now that they're no longer wanted to wander the city, these renegades have become what many had already assumed them to be: outlaws on the run, pushed away by the society that chooses to misunderstand them. As long as there's a lawman, there will be those that oppose them, those that ignore them, and those that defy them. It won't be some blind bull that dictates what's right or wrong. To an Outcast, the decision to charge toward or escape from their destiny is theirs and theirs alone.
It might start with an itch, a whisper; a need to be scratched screamed or delivered. The Resurrectionists, like the stitches and sutures that keep their corpses together, are grave robbers, serial killers, and innovators that are loosely bound together by common enemies, goals, and the voice in their heads. Most have retreated to places like the Quarantine Zone or the sewers, where their practices are judged not by their peers, but more often worshipped. Able to Manipulate and master the inevitability of death, The Resurrectionists are difficult to put down. as they keep getting right back up.
The Guild of Mercantilers is often seen as an omnipresent, ever-vigilant force that protects citizens against criminals and the monsters that roam Malifaux. What few people realize is that this strength is a carefully maintained illusion. Protection of the people is a secondary motivation at best; their interests lie only in Soulstones, and each shipment sent back to Earth helps solidify their stranglehold over the world’s most powerful nations.
- 1x Jack Daw
- 1x Auguste Hart
- 1x Nellie Cochrane
- Miniatures are supplied unpainted and some assembly may be required.
- Printed materials are supplied in English.