Codex: Thousand Sons
The Thousand Sons advance into battle amidst gouts of kaleidoscopic warpflame and bolts of raw sorcery. At their heart stride the Rubricae, implacable warriors who level salvo after salvo against the foe, marching at the command of the mighty Sorcerers who rule their fractured Legion. Around them come shrieking herds of Tzaangor, chanting cultists, twisted war engines, and immense beasts whose very presence triggers madness and mutation.
Led by the towering figure of the Daemon Primarch Magnus the Red, these sanity-blasting hosts surge into battle to work the will of Tzeentch. Everything they do furthers the labyrinthine plans of their deity. To fight the Thousand Sons is to battle the entangling strands of fate itself, never knowing whether you’re serving their inscrutable ends, even in victory.
In war, the Thousand Sons combine the might of stalwart Chaos Space Marines with throngs of cultists and mutated beasts. At their core, the Thousand Sons’ mastery of sorcery means they fight a war of flesh and blood, but also of psychic mastery – only the strongest enemy psykers can hope to match their potency.
This 96-page book will give you everything you need to launch a crusade of eldritch terror across the galaxy, and make the most of the myriad units available to you. In addition to the rules, you'll find loads of deep lore, stunning art, and expertly painted models to inspire you.
Inside this book, you'll find:
- The history of the Thousand Sons, including their role in the Horus Heresy, their current strength in Warhammer 40,000, and sanity-shattering background on their master, Tzeentch
- A detailed description of the organisation and iconography of the Thousand Sons and the various Cults in their ranks
- A Thousand Sons bestiary with background details for every unit and Character featured
- A showcase of stunningly painted Citadel miniatures
- Rules for units that are available to the armies of the Thousand Sons – including 25 datasheets
- Stratagems, Relics, and optional secondary objectives that define the unusual tactics of the Thousand Sons
- A Crusade section providing Agendas, Chaos Boons, Psychic Fortitudes, Requisitions, Battle Traits, unique Discover the Arcane rules, and Crusade Relics for your Thousand Sons to collect
- Loads more
You will need a copy of the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook to use the rules included in this codex.
Haarken Worldclaimer, Herald of the Apocalypse